Is it time for your SME to ditch your current accounting software? Vision33 offers you 10 signs that say yes!
Many small and medium sized businesses experience growing pains when their accounting software fails to grow at the same pace as their business. As you go about completing your daily tasks, you may be experiencing increasing limitations and the frustrations that go along with it.
If you can empathize with any of these feelings and situations, please retweet this to your colleagues (it may finally be time to make a change to your current business software systems...):
- You have more disparate ‘islands of information’ inside your business than you would have time to visit on a Caribbean cruise.
- Predicting financial outcomes for your investors and shareholders is more accurate when you use a Magic 8 ball than the answers you get from your accounting system
- It takes more time to close the month than you took for your last vacation.
- The database and transaction processes are really only understood by a few ‘inside experts’ and held as tightly as the Coca Cola secret recipe.
- The only way to get a report or sales order to print correctly from your system is to take a screenshot.
- You feel like you are on a roller coaster ride at Disneyland every time you launch your current software, unsure of what surprises will await.
- When you ask for the user manual, one of your employees gives you a file folder that they have scribbled notes on the back of.
- You have a bruise on your forehead from opening the wrong spreadsheet for the 10th time today.
- You have mandated employee breaks to help the system from getting overloaded from too many concurrent users.
- You KNOW your current software has cost you more in lost employee productivity, delayed orders, and custom workarounds than a new system would cost, but you can’t get that data from your existing accounting software!
What pains have you witnessed as a result of outgrowing your accounting software? Tell us about your funny (or not-so-funny) experiences in the comments below!