Implementing a digital POS system in your store can offer a myriad of benefits.
Today, most retailers have a retail location and a website to sell their products from. A digital POS system allows ecommerce retailers to sell products in their physical store while selling the same products online. In general, these systems make the process of collecting money a whole lot easier.
10 Benefits of a Digital POS System
- Processing payments – for a small business to process debit and credit card payments, they need a payment gateway. A digital POS system will streamline the process for merchants and enable businesses to process transactions as they happen, as opposed to logging into a merchant account and inputting transactions in bulk at the end of the day.
- Markdown Management – this is another area POS can help with. It’s particularly useful for tracking inventory that is obsolete and needs to be cleared to make room for new stock.
- Integration with Accounting Systems- a digital POS system can seamlessly integrate with a retailer’s bookkeeping system and manage different types of data, such as inventory and sales by employee.
- Pinpointing Shrink – by keeping track of inventory via the system, retailers can ensure their actual stock and “on the books” inventory match up.
- Communication Simplification – restaurants who use a digital POS system can send orders directly to the kitchen, for example, cutting down on the time between patrons ordering and receiving their meal.
- Consistent Pricing – for stores with several locations, owners can easily set pricing to be consistent throughout the business.
- Reduce Human Errors – tracking inventory manually can be a nightmare, but a point of sale system will track each sale as it happens, completely eliminating the need for manual management of inventory.
- Employee Management – this is another benefit of implementing a POS system: retailers can schedule fewer staff on slower days and times while manning the store with more employees during peak times. Retailers will be better able to figure out which times are best thanks to sales pattern monitoring.
- Sales Pattern Monitoring – tracking sales by employee or getting ready for seasonal stock management can be aided with a POS system’s ability to monitor your store’s sales patterns.
- Customer Relations – The point of implementing any kind of system in a store is to improve the customer experience. Keeping customers happy by maintaining sufficient stock and staff can be achieved with the help of a digital POS system.
Do you need to upgrade your point of sale system? Talk to Vision33 today for an all-in-one solution.