The goal of the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) is to develop a standardized industry approach and increase the effectiveness of traceback procedures in the future. For a company to stay on top of these increasingly strict regulations and remain competitive, your produce software must employ best-practice procedures to ensure compliance, quality, and efficiency across your business operations.
The right technology can help you monitor quality standards through:
- Capturing relevant batch attributes including country of origin, harvesting date and quality class
- Creating PTI compliant labels with GS1 barcodes
- Effectively managing production and packaging
- Improving quality management through industry specific controls
- Enhancing inventory management through detailed reports
- Streamlining operations such as FEFO picking and advanced shelf life management
- Ensuring farm-to-fork traceability based on GS1 standards
Click on the link below to learn about how your company can create profitability by leveraging these 7 features in an integrated business management solution designed for food manufacturers and distributors.